Nine things you didn’t know about Emma Norsgaard Jørgensen
1. What is something you couldn’t live without?
I couldn’t live without my friends, family, bike and, of course, coffee.
2. No one knows this interesting (or not so interesting) fact about me:
I don’t like my thighs to touch each other, particularly if there are a little sweaty!
3. Do you have any pre-race rituals or routines?
Not really, apart from having at least two cups of coffee.
4. If you could change something about yourself, what would it be:
I would like to have naturally blond hair, so I wouldn't have to dye it!
5. Which result in your cycling career surprised you the most?
At almost every race last year, I was surprised by my performances. Both in a good (but sometimes also not so good) way. But that motivates me further. I couldn’t really say which particular result surprised me the most.
6. The race I’d most like to win is:
It will always be a dream to win one of the Flanders classics, especially Ronde van Vlaanderen. It's such an iconic race.
7. My sporting idol is:
Serena Williams, because she has so much girl power! And of course, because she is the biggest name in women's sport, and I really admire that.
8. What activities are on your “bucket list”?
I would really like to try mountaineering on an iconic mountain.
9. You often room with your teammates at races. What do you think is the most
annoying thing about you as a roommate? What is the best thing?
I usually share a room with Cecilie and there is not really anything that annoys me, besides
the fact that I think she doesn't seem to really like air conditioning. Imagine doing the Giro d’Italia in the middle of July and sleeping every day in a room without air conditioning!
Photo credit: Sean Robinson/Vélofocus.com